Jan. 1: New Year’s Day
Jan. 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Feb.12: Lincoln’s Birthday
Feb. 17: President’s Day
Feb. 22: Washington’s Birthday
Easter Sunday (may be celebrated in April)
April 6: Army Day
April 19: Patriot’s Day
1st Thursday in May: National Day Of Prayer
May 8: V-E Day
2nd Sunday in May: Mother’s Day
3rd Saturday in May: Armed Forces Day
May 15: Peace Officers Memorial Day
Last Monday in May: Memorial Day
June 14: U.S. Army Birthday (1775), Flag Day
3rd Sunday in June: Father’s Day
July 4: Independence Independence Day
July 27: National Korean War Veteran’s Armistice Day
August 4: U.S. Coast Guard Birthday (1790)
1st Monday in Sept.: Labor Day
September 2: V-J Day
September 11: Patriot Day (Half Staff All Day)
September 17: Constitution Day
September 18: U.S. Air Force Birthday
October 12: Columbus Day
October 13: U.S. Navy Birthday (Abolished Feb 1781-Reinstated Sep. 1781)
October 27: Navy Day
1st Tuesday in Nov.: Election Day
November 10: Marine Corps Birthday
November 11: Veterans Day
4th Thursday in Nov.: Thanksgiving Day
December 25: Christmas Day
Dec. 29: State of Texas Birthday
Jan. 20 Inauguration Day (every 4 years), Election Days, State and Local Holidays, Days Proclaimed By The President.
There are five definite dates the flag is flown at half-staff
1) Peace Officers Memorial Day: May 15th
2) Last Monday in May (Memorial Day)
3) Korean War Veterans Day: July 27th
4) Patriot Day: September 11
5) Pearl Harbor Day: December 7th
On the last Monday in May, Memorial Day, the flag is flown at half-mast until noon then it is hoisted to the peak of the flagpole.
Other days of half-mast are ordered by the President and include;
1) Death of principle government figures and state governors.
2) For 30 days from the death of the current or former President.
3) For 10 days after the death of a Vice President, Chief Justice or speaker of the house.
4) From death to internment of Associate Justice, Executive military secretary, Former Vice President or Governor.
5) On the day of death and the following day for members of congress.